- What is One City - One Hire?
- Our Sponsors & Participants
- Become A Hiring Partner
- Job Seeker Registration
- Press & Media
- Upcoming Events
- Contact Us
- On-the-Job Training (OJT)
- Apprenticeship Program
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
- Project Empowerment (PE)
- Veterans’ Employment Program
- Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
- DC Works! Services
- DC Works! Career Center Locations
Work Opportunity Tax Credit Programs
Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) is a federally funded program that reduces the federal tax liability of private-for-profit employers hiring new employees from selected target groups who have consistently had difficulty obtaining or maintaining employment. Tax credit amounts vary and are based on a percentage of wages paid to, and hours worked by, properly certified employees.
What are the Target Groups?
The target groups are:
• TANF Recipient
• Designated Community Residents
• Vocational Rehabilitation Referral
• Qualified Summer Youth
• Food Stamp Recipient
• SSI Recipient
• Long-term Family Assistance Recipient
• Unemployed Veteran
• Disconnected Youth
How Much Is the Tax Credit?
It varies by group. Please contact DOES at 202-698-5136 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you partner with the WOTC?
The Department of Employment Services encourages partnerships with employers. If you would like to partner with the DOES WOTC program, please contact the WOTC office at (202) 698-5136 to speak to the Program Coordinator or email email@example.com